Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A long overdue update...

Well it has been crazy around our house. A list of events that have happened since May: Graduation, took the NCLEX, passed the NCLEX, my parents moved back to Utah, had beautiful little Ella, 8 weeks maternity leave, and started a new job as a nurse! CRAZY!!! So sorry for those of you that still look at our blog wondering when I will be updating things, and those of you that have given up on us! Haha! So here is a little bit of what is happening in our lives.

Brent has started the last year of his master's program. He is doing great and is Mr. Mom when I have to work nights and weekends. He is a great husband and is an awesome dad! It is funny to see him with Ella. He loves and adores her and she thinks he is pretty funny. Brent continues to work and loves his job. He is realizing that life is now a hard balancing act to work, go to school, and care for a baby when I am gone, but he does a great job!

I am slowing figuring out my job as a nurse. I love working at the children's hospital here. The kids are awesome and funny. I do however hate leaving my little girl. I am glad that for the time I do work I am around kids, it makes it a little more bearable. I love my days off and love spending time with little family. My eight weeks off was not long enough, but I am greatful that I did get that time off. I have been slowly losing weight, and I am lovign that! (Gotta love the breastfeeding diet- eat what you want and still lose the lbs!) Plus being a mom is the best thing ever!

Ella is now 3 months and is just a delight! She is almost 11 lbs, and is 24 inches long. She smiles and coos all the time. She laughed for the first time the other day. She is a very curious baby, she thinks that she is big enough to sit up and will try her hardest to do so. She is almost rolling over. She is so much fun and we cannot imagine our life without our little girl!

My resolution is to do better at blogging. I am finally not as tired, and hope to keep up on my postings so that people will know how we are doing. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see an update. Ella sure is a cutie and I can hardly believe she's over 3 months old!

Brooke and Brighton said...

Yay I am glad you are back! You life does sound busy but I bet you guys are doing great at balancing it all. I loved the pictures!!

jkl warner said...

WOW!!! I just about fell over seeing this updated ;) Just kidding... I know your life has been WAY crazy since the start of summer. Being mom is the best thing in the world. It's fun to watch them with all their first things! Ella is beautiful and I enjoy when we get to be around her (and you guys too)! ;)

Amanda Mae said...

she looks like a little doll in her blessing dress!

Harris said...

She has such big eyes. Like she is taking it all in. Y'all have a beautiful little girl!!!

Janalee Hubbard said...

Thanks for posting some pics, I am dying to see her, I know she is changing so quickly and I haven't snuggled her enough! I think she looks like you in that last pic.

just the five of us said...

can't wait to see her at Thanksgiving:) The girls are so excited!! Ps mike wants to know if Brent got the shirt :)