
So as many of you know I have family that live in Texas. They got the news that Ike was heading straight for them. Of course with Dad being the Volunteer Fire Chief of the area and feeling like he needed to stay behind and make sure that the community was taken care of, and mom didn't feel like she could leave dad. So they all went over to the fire station and hunkered down for the storm. Dad was busy for a while with chopping down trees that fell until the storm got too bad and they finished up when the storm calmed. They had a house fire that was called in that killed a lady, and that night dad almost got to deliver a baby, the ambulance got there in time, but dad got to hold the baby all the way to the hospital. It is an amazing thing, the circle of life.
Their house is okay, they are just missing the fence, but at least nothing else was damaged. They have been living at the fire station for several days now, seeing how they still don't have power, and the land lines are down. Their cell phones are not working well, but every so often I hear from them that they are doing okay. The girls are loving that they have several days off of school, but I think that they are ready to go home and get back into the routine of things. They feel really lucky that everything is okay for them, it was not that fortunate for other people.
I will post pictures that they send me later so that the readers of this blog can see!
13 years ago






4 comments:
I am glad they are okay- it looked pretty scary around there, on the news.
I'm so glad your family is ok. I was worrying about them.
I just read about Houston in the paper today- I don't ever watch the news and didn't know about it! I'm so glad they're ok, I bet you were worried! What a rewarding experience for your dad to be such a help to those people! I've tried calling our friend Suzy in Houston to see how she is but can't get through on her cell phone or land line.
Hey Jessica, Erika was not too happy when you said dad cut up trees because he sat in an air conditiond office the entire time. It was funny to see her response.
Love,
Your favorite sister in the whole world.
Post a Comment