Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life Flight

This summer for clinicals we are in Pediatrics (kids) and Psychiatric. My first rotations were in Pediatrics. We had tons of fun. I am partially glad that they are over because that means that summer semester is well underway...but I loved my Pediatric clinicals. They were tons of fun. Our last day at clinicals, Lyndee a girl in my class, talked with her buddies at Life Flight (that is where she works) and arranged for them to come and talk with us and show us the helicopter. It was so cool. We had a great visit and learned a lot about being a Life Flight nurse. We took a "tour" of the helicopter...and it is amazing what all they can fit in there. I cannot believe that a person who is sick can actually fit...it is a pretty tight squeeze. It was a good time had by all...now here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.

3 comments:

jkl warner said...

Looks like you had fun. We miss you guys! Nice new back ground on your blog!!

Anna said...

So fun! Im jealous!!
I haven't even started clinicals this summer!

allison said...

who that's crazy! it IS super small!