So Brent and I, along with other students, went to Colorado for The Concrete Canoe Competition. I know...a canoe made out of concrete...how can that float, don't ask me how, but it can. It was espically fun to see another University row their canoe as it was sinking down into the freezing pits of water. It was funny, but at the same time sad, because you know they put a lot of hard work and time into that thing.
Every school had to have the name on the side of the canoe, the University of Wyoming spelled University wrong on the side of the canoe. That was bad...but you should always check to make sure you spelled thing right before you make the permentant.
Over all we had a great time, the drive was not so much fun, but spending time together was the best. We took 3rd over all and are just happy that we didn't get last place.
A few things I learned: First, even if you are in the Air Force, you should not where a white speedo with flowers all over it...it is not the most attractive thing to look at. Second, if you already have duck tape on your boat before you get it in the water, that is not a good sign. And last, make sure that you have a wet suit or row in warmer water.
13 years ago






2 comments:
So that is really funny because just when I thought I knew of all the weird competitions I always find that there is something else. That looks like it was a lot of fun and I think it is great you two are having fun together doing things now that you might not get the chance to do when kids come along (the sacrifice is totally worth it). I think that is a great memory!
how fun! and Jess, your hair looks so cute short! love it!
Post a Comment