Monday, November 24, 2008

New Calling?!



Well unfortunately the church does not let the grass grow too long under your feet when you were just released from you calling. I had a wonderful week with no calling, and I was thinking that it was getting too good to be true. In fact I was correct. On Sunday the Bishop saw Brent and I walking through the hall and called us into his office. All the sudden I hear a drum roll...I knew what was coming, an invitation to accept another calling. Growing up my parents always taught me that you never turn down the Lord, if there is something that he wants you to do, then you need to do it. So the Bishop set us down and proceeded to ask me how school was going and if I think that I could handle a calling on top of my rigorous school schedule, and if Brent would be able to support me in the calling that they would like to extend to me. I took a deep breath, because from the sounds of it, it sounded big. I told him that if the Lord needed me to do something, that I would be more than happy to do it because from past experience, I was blest for serving. Then came those words..."We would like you to serve as Compassionate Service Leader." Holy Crap! That is all I can say! Holy Crap! I accepted the calling, and I think that it will be really good. We really don't have a lot of people who are sick in our ward, but man are we a very fruitful ward. Between February and July we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20, your heard me right, 20 babies born. That is like 20-25% of our ward. It will be a fun calling, and I hope that I will learn everything I am suppose to do! Wish me luck!! It just scares me, because I have never done anything like this before, but I am excited for a change, and I have a wonderful encouraging husband that will be there every step of the way with me!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Jessica you are going to be awesome in your new calling! I am so excited for you!

Susan and Dave said...

I think you'll do great. Compassionate Service leader positions need to have someone who is what the title implies...you are that person! You will do great and you will bless so many people. So congrats! I also can't believe that stat about the 20 babies...whoa

allison said...

Oh man! I'm on the CS committee in my ward and can I just say...it is rough in wards with SO many babies!!! I mean, it's wonderful and all...but busy! And I'm not even in charge of it! You would be the perfect person for the job though, I just know it...you'll be awesome!

John said...

I think you'll do great with that calling!