Monday, November 10, 2008

The Primary



So as many of you know I am in the Primary in our ward. For the last 2 years I have written the Program for the CSMP (Children's Sacrament Meeting Program). I has been such a wonderful experience. We have a small primary, but most of the children are 3-5 years of age, which makes it really hard at times, but so worth is other times. The program went great, and for the most part, the kids did a great job with singing and saying their parts.

For the really sad news...I have been released from my calling. Brent is super excited, he says, "Yes, now I don't have to go to Sunday School alone!" I on the other hand am going to have a really hard time giving up playing and snacks and going to Relief Society and Sunday School. I told the Bishop when he said that they are going to be releasing me that I did not want to grow up! We have been married for almost 3 1/2 years, and for about 3 years I have been in the Primary. It has been such a fun and exciting time for me. Since Brent and I don't have children of our own yet, each of those little ones on Primary have been like my children. I love them so much and they are so special. It is going to be wierd going to adult classes.

5 comments:

The Christensen's said...

Jess-
Don't worry YOU will LOVE Relief Society so much! I don't ever want a calling that takes me out of Relief Society! You miss it so much when you can't go!

just the five of us said...

Jessica,

I am the Primary President, and i know what you mean about loving the children. I promise you though, you will love R.S. and Heavenly Father will find something new for you to do, and it will just help you grow in your talents. They still might find you next year and ask you to write that program!:D R.S in college wards ROCKS!!

jennybrum said...

Isn't it strange how attached you can get to a calling? I was a primary teacher for 8 months before I had Kyanna and I couldn't believe how sad I was when they released me. I miss the kids in my class. But don't worry...if you ever need to be around some kids, you can always borrow mine! Ha ha.

Susan and Dave said...

Jessica you did such a fantastic job with the primary! They are going to miss you, I'm sure. You'll have to keep us updated on any new callings you may get. You'll be a valuable addition to wherever they decide to put you next!

-Susan

Janalee Hubbard said...

Ok, you are making me feel like crap, because when I was released from Primary I wanted to do cartwheels! After 2 1/2 years of doing a song and a dance for kids every week, I couldn't WAIT to veg out in RS. And I am actually feeling uplifted after church instead of exhausted. I'm LOVING RS and hope you do too.