
As most of you are aware it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am now going to stand on my little soap box about Breast Cancer. When Brent and I first got married, I worked in an Oncology (cancer) Department. It was one of the most rewarding jobs, but also one of those jobs that strikes you and makes you want to change the world. As many of you know breast cancer can strike both men and women. This is such an easy cancer to "prevent"! Yearly mammograms should be preformed for women as well as self breast exam once a month. If you feel a lump, no matter if it is not painful or if it is very small, please get it checked out.
Cancer is something that has always worried me, but it was not until I worked in Oncology and had a dear friend that had a very bad progressive stage of breast cancer that it hit me. Please listen to the advertisements for this month on TV, they have great messages, and hit really close to home. What it is was your mother, or your sister, or your grandmother, or your friend, aunt, etc, what would you want to be done. Something we can do is eat the yo plait yogurt with the pink tops and send them in to support Breast Cancer Research. This is something so simple that we can do among other things.
Sorry for the soap box speech, but we all have things that we support and wouldn't it be great if in our lifetime we see less people die from this cancer, or possibly even a cure for cancer.
13 years ago






1 comments:
Really great post Jessica...you're awesome. I've been eating yogurt but I don't think I have the kind with the pink tops! I'll have to get on that. I think (especially as a small chested and younger woman) that I sometimes don't feel like I need to be checking for that yet...but it's good to get reminded that it's important.
Post a Comment